Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Bizarre Foods: Rio de Janeiro

I just got finished watching the newest Bizarre Foods with Andrew Zimmern. I have to say I usually love this show, but was extremely disappointed with this episode. Out of a show that runs, lets say, 50 minutes, I would estimate that 37 of those minutes were set in Favelas. They had a full 10 minute documentary about Rocinha, and then spent another segment in Pavao-Pavaozinho. They spent 3 minutes in Ipanema (only on the beach) and then headed to Zona Norte. THEY COMPLETELY FORGOT ABOUT ZONA SUL, ZONA OESTE and CENTRO. They could have gone to Santa Teresa too, but no. Here in the US the only thing they want to show us about Brasil is the poverty and violence. This bugs me to no end because I know that there is so much more than just this to show. Ughh sorry about my rant. I'm just a little frustrated.

Blog Archive