Friday, May 20, 2011

Fashion blog

Athens, 8:23am

I woke up way to early this morning. So I spent all this early free time in bed with window open, browsing the web, reading some newsletters and so on... The boyfriend is next to me sleeping. And then I got to thinking about an email he got yesterday. That was about a blogger posting nasty comments on her blog about the company he's working for. Let's make things clear here. He works in a company that drives fashionistas hysterical. Pronounce the name of the brand during  a dinner and at least 75% of the female attendants will faint.

So I browsed again the web in search for all those "fashion blogs". I do believe that fashion bloggers are super important. They're more free minded than Fashion Magazines, they have no (yet) commercial pressure. I do have my favorites (some of them are listed here). I do recognize that I never start a day without checking Anna, Pelayo and Cie... But since when, anybody can start bitching on anything? I am wondering are fashion blogs just a way to express rancor and jealousy?... Do you really have to give your seasonal trends when you live in the middle of nowhere? Do you really have to tweet 'cause you called Chanel from Limoges and tried to get a free 2.55 and they said (surprisingly) no?...

Yep, the world is not fair. They don't give free Louboutin nor gold Rolex. You can't change the next Prada bag proportions from your bed just sending an email to Miuccia. So don't get to angry about it and do be bitter on your blog. Call your friends, cook some food for them, buy some wine and have them at home to talk about all  this. This is way more fun and that will make you super happy and glamour to blog about funky stuffs. This is my point of view. I am sure nobody cares about it but I had to say it.

It's now 8:44am and I think I need to go back to sleep a bit. I need to think about the new Pierre Hardy Edition and decide if I like them or hate them. and this my friend takes a hell of a time.

Filakia (kisses in Greek)

Blog Archive