Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Fangoria for ever!

I remember exactly the way I heard them for the first time. That was years ago. I was dating that Spanish leaving in The Netherlands guy, spending my life between Amsterdam and Paris. Feeling like living in Schipol Airport!

Then came Christmas time and we decided to drove from Amsterdam to Madrid to attend a New Year’s Eve party at some of his friends home. Yep, Princess Zanucchi was not that high maintenance and used to have Thelma & Louise weird ideas. The trip was f*cking long. I wanted to kill myself like every 2 hours. But we made it.

The party was ok/boring. But at a certain point they plaid some Spanish pop that drove me crazy. The lady kept repeating “ No Sé Que Me Das”… I didn’t know either what that was doing to me but I knew I loved it.

We drove back from Barcelona to Amsterdam. I played Fangoria for the entire trip. We split up a few months after that but Fangoria was in my mind. I introduced, Lulu, my best friend to them.

We had a dream. Fly to Madrid and see them in Concert. We did it last year. That was one of my strongest music/friendship moments. When I discovered that they had a new album a sort of anthology of their old songs, we secretly hoped they would be on stage soon. They made it and in Madrid! My/Our favorite city…

So Friday, we’re flying to Madrid for the weekend and we’ll be attending the concert. Nancys Rubias will be on stage too… I already know that we’ll be hysterical.

And on top of all this, I’ll be with someone special that will see them for the first time… So I decided to become intimate and to share one or two things that I really love. Let’s say that this post is the Grand Opening of Our Special Spanish Weekend. I wanna share that with you.

Besos,




Blog Archive