Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Visas and Stuff

Alert: this post is all about questions.

So, for those of you that know about immigration to Brasil, could you please chime in?


I know that its somewhat difficult to get a permanent visa in Brasil. The easiest ways to get them apparently are by marrying and brasileiro or having a brasileiro baby. I probably already have one of those, come to think of it....

But lets say I don't want to get married or have a kid right away. If I wanted to be single and free in Brasil but still have residency, how would I go about doing that?

I know I can get a work visa, which could work. In your opinion, do you think that it would be difficult for a foreigner, with college degree, that speaks Portuguese with almost no accent (my Portuguese teachers mistook me for a Belorizontino each time I met one of them) to get a job in Brasil?


Can any of you offer any advise or ideas as to how I can stay in Brasil long term, and what the chances are of me securing a good job there?

Abracos

Blog Archive