Friday, December 17, 2010

Should I write about Carine leaving Vogue?

12:30pm. I am having lunch with a work friend of mind. While trying to decide between fish or meet, talking about how is it difficult to be 38 and single, we both browse Facebook on our iPhone. And just like that... Very naively, she reads:

-"Carine Roitfeld decided to leave French Vogue."

12:31pm. I start screaming... I start emailing from iPhone and Blackeberry to all my good friends. Updates from Facebook keep appearing on my phones screens.

1:55pm. I am back to work and start googling like crazy.

1:57pm. I realize I am stupid. I don't know the girl. I always thought that French Vogue was boring. But still I went into a sort of panic. And I feel kinda bad about It. I do recognize that the 10 last years were more fresh and more fashion forward. I will keep forever two Christmas Vogue:

  • Catherine Deneuve (Xmas 2003)
  • Tom Ford (Xmas 2010)
And I will always rememeber that Carine R. gave us that picture:

And just for that, I think those few lines were the least I could do for what I will remember as a woman dressed like hell and with balls.

Blog Archive