Saturday, December 18, 2010

I particularly love that post...

I started writing posts on makemybeauty.com recently. Nelly and Alexandra, the creators, have been really cool and insisted on me writing whenever I want and about whatever seems to be related to beauty for me.


My first two posts talked about facial for men and anti-age cream (yeah... I turned 38 recently...). I still have many other creams to test ad to talk about. But as I started to get to the end of decorating my new house, I also started wondering what makes that house beautiful and mine. Furnitures, inspiration, flowers, crucifix are important but I knew something was missing. During all the moving and decorating process I kept burning new candles from Diptyque (Patchouli and Violette). And I kinda hated Violette. I bought the 'cause the cute girl at Diptyque told that the mix was great. I thought that it will be the new scented signature of my house.


Oh Boy! I was so wrong... When I realized that, I jumped on my Vespa, bought Rose & Myrrhe and came back home in a minute to burn them. and that was it. I was "at home". I know there is something neurotic and should talk to my local Dr. Freud. Being "at home" is so important to me. 


And in the end I know I am right. Luca, my best friend, came for dinner last Thursday night. We talked for hours. I smoked like a chimney and burned the candles together. He took a cab to go home and sent me the following sms:


- "I'm in the taxi and my clothes smell a mixture of cigarettes and candles. That smell is unbelievable."


That is how I was right and that "my home" was created. So I decided to share that beauty moment... and I particularly love that post...


http://www.makemybeauty.com/2010/12/diptyque-myrrhe-et-rose-un-plaisir-egoiste/

Blog Archive